Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Valentine Cookie Jar

 



Watch the video here.




This week we are adding to the collection of cookie jars for the dollhouse kitchen. Today's cookie jar is in the shape of a cupcake for Valentine's Day.


Since most of the cupcake shaped cookie jars I found online were shorter and fatter than the other cookie jars we have made on the channel this one is also. I started out with the usual strip of white card-stock, this time only ½” wide by the normal 4” long.

 

 

 

This was wrapped and glued around a Sharpie marker to begin the base of our cookie jar. Be sure to use a good thick glue for this step.





Once the glue dried I added a cover of white polymer clay over a coat of TLS (Translucent Liquid Sculpey). I also added a bottom to the jar and made the beginning of the lid. These were baked for 10 minutes at 250°F.





After cooling to room temperature I used more TLS to add a bit more white clay around the top to start to form a cupcake shape. I also took this time to add a snake of white clay around the lid to start to make it the correct shape for later. These were then baked for another 10 minutes.




Now for the fun I make a thicker snake of red clay and skinny snake of pink clay and added them in an alternating pattern around the cupcake base forming stripes to represent the cupcake paper. At this point I also formed a small ball of the red clay and added a brown stem to the top of it for the cherry to go on the top of the lid. These were then baked for another 10 minutes.


Next it was time to work on the lid, after making sure the lid would fit the top of the cookie jar I added some dark brown clay to look like the top of the cupcake. I gave it some texture using a dish-washing pad since a couple of the cookie jars that I really liked online had some texture added. Again this was baked for 10 minutes.




The last clay step was to put some more TLS on the top of the lid and to smooth a ball of white clay onto the top to resemble frosting on the cupcake. Lastly with a tiny drop of TLS the cherry was added to the top and the lid was baked for another 10 minutes to complete the curing process.





Once both parts of the cookie jar were cooled to room temperature I added a thin even coat of gloss Mod Podge and allowed to dry.






So now we have a Valentine's cupcake cookie jar for the collection. What style cookie jar would you like to see me make in the future. I am always open to ideas and suggestions. 

 

 





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment