Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Blind Bags January 2022

 


Watch the video here.

 




I have another blind bag opening for you this week. I love doing these and as long as you all seem to enjoy watching them I will continue to do them from time to time.


I actually purchased these back in October and they finally arrived to me in mid December. I had purchased two batches at the same time and opened the other one in December (that video can be found here)


These are labeled in the eBay listing as being dollhouse miniature and for the most part they are in scale. I paid around $3 for this batch and I feel like I got my money's worth out of them.


Lets look at each item and I'll tell you what my thoughts on them are.


But before I start talking about what was in the blind bags I just had to show you what was printed on the shipping/customs label on this batch. I definitely chuckled when I saw but do wonder what the customs people thought when they read it.





The first one I opened was a footed bowl. I was actually wishing I had one of these not too long ago so I am thrilled to get this. It is totally in scale and will be a nice addition to my dollhouse kitchen.







The second and the sixth ones I opened could either be big glasses or small vases. I think they work for either and will be very useful in setting up scenes or just for filling up the kitchen cabinets in the dollhouse.






Third to be opened was a glass of orange juice complete with a tiny straw. This is actually a repeat from the first batch of blind bags I did a few months ago. I think it is adorable with the straw and will be wonderful to set in many scenes around the dollhouse.






Next in line to be opened was the fourth bag containing a bottle with no label. I think I will probably eventually make a wine label for the bottle and display it in the dollhouse with some other bottles I have on hand.








The fifth blind bag was also a repeat from the very first batch of blind bags- a bottle of Coke. You really can't get too many of these and it will look wonderful either sitting on the counter, an end table or in the fridge.







Seventh to be opened was the gigantic pair of reading glasses. These are too big to be in scale but they might fit Barbie. If I can find the Barbie doll I saw in a random box the other day I will try them on her. Other than that I think they could be used as part of a sign for a mini eye doctor's office. These are also a repeat from the very first set of blind bags we opened.


The eighth bag was a really cute cutting board. It is going to get a lot of use when I taking pictures of mini foods for tutorials so expect to see it in the future often.




Ninth to be opened was a loaf of french bread. This is a great piece except for the color. I don't think either the video or the photos are showing how bright orange this thing really is. Since it is really nice otherwise I will be painting it soon to make it a more realistic color.


And lastly we got anther giant piece this time a package of french fries. They are too big to be in scale for the dolls but again I think they would be perfect on a sign. At one time I had plans to build a mini mall and in it I had planned to put a food court. I can see these fries on a sign in just that type of setting.





So overall what do I think? I am very happy with what I got. I wish it would have arrived a little bit quicker but that is neither here nor there. As for the usability of the minis I got with the exception of two of them I know everything will be used in my dollhouse and probably as props for photos for future blog posts and tutorials.


I know there will be more blind bags in my future and I hope you enjoy watching me open them as much as I enjoy opening them.



As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.



4 comments:

  1. I can't find the ebay listing. I've searched.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, what are you putting into the search bar on eBay? I just hopped over there and an entire page of listings for Dollhouse Miniature Bling Bags came up. Remember by the very nature of blind bags every package will contain different items. That is the fun of blind bags. The listings all show a bunch of items that might possibly be in the bag. There are listing with different colors of bags but I haven't really noticed much difference in what comes in them based on that.

    ReplyDelete