Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Bear Cookie Jar

 


Watch the video here.

 

 



The first thing I want to say is that this is not the project I had planned for today. I am working on something else but I still have a couple of details I need to work out so I decided to do yet another cookie jar. Someone in the comments last week was talking about making a bear cookie jar and I really wanted to make one too. I do apologize for this project not being as thought out as I try to be, I literally sat down yesterday to film this for today.


We are starting off just like with all the cookie jars I've been making with a paper base. This time it was cut ¾” by 4 “. wrap and glue this around a permanent marker to get the size and shape to build the cookie jar over.






Once the glue dries add a layer of plain white clay (I used Sculpey Original) using a layer of TLS (Translucent Liquid Sculpey) to adhere it. Also make a small plug of clay that will fit into the opening in the cookie jar to build our lid on later. Bake at 275° for 10 minutes and allow to cool to room temperature.




For this project I am using 4 colors of clay, you don't need to use the same exact colors just pick what you have that is close.


The colors I used are- black

translucent

beige (Premo)

Hazelnut (Sculpey III)

Mix equal amounts of the black and Translucent clays, I suggest mixing enough to make a 1” ball of the mixed clay.


Roll a snake of clay to use for the bear's legs mine was about 3/16” by 2 ½”

Roll a snake for the arms mine was 1/8” by 1 ½” cut this in half.


Now roll a thin sheet to cover the cookie jar body, using TLS to adhere.


Add the leg snake at the bottom folding up the ends to form feet.

Add small disks of the beige clay for paw pads.


Make a small cookie from the beige and brown clays and add to the front center of the cookie jar.


Add the two arms so the paws are holding the cookie.


Add some texture to the clay to make it resemble fur.


Bake the clay.


Now we work on the lid/head. I added a small ring of black clay to act as the beginning of the lid (and to keep the lid in place as I work on it). At this point I also used the brown clay to make two small balls that will be the bear''s eyes. Bake as before.




Now we need to build the basic head, I totally forgot to add the TLS in this step but it would be best to use it. Use the black clay to form a basic head shape. I find it much easier to do this with the lid in place on the cookie jar. Once happy with the shape add some texture just like with the body.


Using the beige clay make a small rounded cone shape for the bear's nose/snout. Smooth it in place on the face. Add a small disk of black clay for the nose. Add the eyes to the head just above the nose.


Make two ears, I just made two black disks of clay and added smaller beige disks to the center. Bake the ears only at this point for a short time, just enough to start to cure the clay.


Add the ears to the top of the bear's head.


Do any trimming of the clay and touch up the texture then bake for 15 minutes at 275°.










Once cooled to room temperature add a light coat of Satin Mod Podge, You could use gloss if you prefer, the cookie jar Loosely based mine on seemed to have a satin finish and I liked that with the texture of the fur.





Once the Mod Podge is dry your cookie jar is ready to display in your dollhouse.

Our miniature cookie jar collection is starting to grow nicely. 

 

 




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment