Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Baked Potatoes

 



Watch the video here.

 

 



This week I decided for our food related Saturday video we would start on another multi-video project. I have an idea of something for Valentine's Day, as we work through the next few weeks you will see it take form. Feel free to guess what we are making though.


This week we are starting out with some baked potatoes. I love potatoes in general pretty much any way they are fixed so I figured the dolls in the dollhouse might enjoy some also.


I based the potato portion of the baked potato on my russet potatoes from my farm-stand from about 9 or 10 years ago. You can find that video here. They are simply made from a mix of my white/translucent clay mix (equal parts, I keep some mixed up to use all the time) with just a very tiny amount of yellow ocher clay. You don't want to turn the clay yellow you just want to warm up the color a bit. As you could see in the video there is a very slight difference but it does make a huge difference in the finished potatoes.


I took this clay mixture and rolled it into a ¼” snake then cut pieces approximately ½” long. Don't make them all the same, remember potatoes are different sizes. Then these pieces were rolled into balls then into potato shapes.


I then prepared some yellow ocher and medium brown artist chalk and used that to color the outside of our potatoes.


Once this was done I used my clay knife to make a slice in the potatoes and my dental tool to fluff up the potato center.


The potatoes were then baked at 250°F for 15 minutes and allowed to cool to room temperature.


Now it was time to add the toppings.


For sour cream I used just a touch of white clay with some TLS (Translucent Liquid Sculpey) to form a thin mixture that was dolloped on the top of some of the potatoes.


For butter I used a tiny bit of a light yellow clay (I have no idea what color it was) with more TLS to make a lumpy mixture that was placed on top of some of the other potatoes for partly melted butter.


For chives/green onion tops I grated some already baked green clay and dusted it on top of the wet “sour cream”


The potatoes were again baked this time for 10 minutes and allowed to cool to room temperature.


Once cooled I added just a tiny bit of gloss Mod Podge only to the the sour cream and butter on top of the potatoes.


Once this dried the potatoes are ready to be displayed.





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment