Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Valentine Doormat

 


Watch the video here.

 

 




This week for the Tuesday video I thought it would be a good time to start working on some Valentine decor items for the dollhouse. This week we are making a simple little doormat that is black with some simple to paint hearts scattered across it.


I started like I do for all the doormats with a piece of my brownish rust colored felt that is cut 1 ½” by 2 ½”. I sealed this with a coat of mat Mod Podge on the top side and allowed that to dry completely. In the case of the video this week I gave it overnight to dry.



As a head's up the Mod Podge, brushes and most of the paints used in today's tutorial were provided to me free of charge by Plaid to use in tutorials.


I then gave the top of the doormat a good coat of black paint. You could choose whatever color you want but I love how colors like the reds and pinks on this project pop against the black background. Allow the black paint to dry completely.





Once the black dried I added swoop design to the mat using some white paint Apple Barrel paint and a small brush. I had tried painting with my white paint pen but the one I had was not opaque enough and would have required many coats to look good.




Once the white dried I pulled out 6 colors of paint in reds and pinks and make some simple hearts using the end of the handles on some of my paint brushes. This is for me anyway the easiest way to paint a small heart. They almost always turn out beautifully. If you have never painted a heart this way I do suggest you practice on some paper but I am sure you will find it really easy also. The secret is to make sure the end of the handle of the paint brush is rounded and not either flat or pointed.


Once the hearts were dry the mat is completely done and ready to display on the front porch of your dollhouse.







Here is a picture of all the paint colors I used on this project.

 

 All the bottles in the top row were the ones provided by Plaid. 

 

Those in the bottom row are from my personal stash of paints that I purchased.

 

 

 

 

 

As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment