Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, September 3, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Tricolor Bread

 


Watch the video here.

 


 

This week we are going to make some more bread. This one isn’t baked in a loaf pan it is just a favorite of mine so I thought it would be fun to make. I rediscovered the real life recipe when I was looking for photos for last week’s swirl breads. I had been looking through some of my cookbooks for pictures and this one was in one of those books. I used to make this in real life back when my kids were litter and all at home. We especially liked it with soup or stew. It is a braided loaf made up of three flavors of bread: white, whole wheat, and a very dark pumpernickel. It was so cool in real life to make and serve that I just had to do a mini version of it with all of you.



The clays we will be using are- the bread mix we have used the last couple of weeks (4 parts white with 1 part Fimo Sahara) for the white bread, a dark brown (I used Sculpey III in Suede Brown) for the pumpernickel, and a mix of the bread mix with enough Fimo Yellow Ocher to make a good warm color for the whole wheat.



Roll each color into a snake that is a little over 1 ½” long and a little less than ¼” in diameter. Lay the snakes next to each other, I always put the white one in the middle with the real bread so that was what I did with the clay too. And braid them like you would bread. I find it is easiest to start in the middle and work to each end. Use your fingers to tweak the shape and get it just how you want it.



 

When you are happy with the shape it is time to dust the outside of the bread with artist chalks using the normal 3 we use for baked goods, yellow ocher, reddish brown, and dark brown.


 

 


 

 

Dust most of the loaf with the yellow ocher chalk using an eye-shadow brush.


 

 

 


 

 

Next move to the reddish brown and dust most of the loaf but a bit less than with the yellow.


 

 

 


 

 

Then finally just a touch of the brown over just the top and maybe a touch on the ends. Don’t over do the brown or it will look like the dolls burnt the bread. Be sure to burnish the chalk into the surface of the clay.


Once you are happy with the chalk application and shape transfer the loaf to the freezer for about 15 minutes to firm up the clay.



 

Once firm use a sharp clay knife to slice you loaf as desired. This needs to be done as soon as the clay comes out of the freezer to prevent/lessen distorting the loaf when slicing.


 

 

Now we need to texture the cut surfaces.



 

 

I like to start with a wire brush to give a base texture.


 

 

 

 


 

 

Next use your pointy tool to tickle the surface to give more texture.


Once you are happy with the texture bake the loaf and slices at the recommended temperature for 15 minutes.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment