Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Tabletop Pumpkin Decoration

 

Watch the video here.




 

Today I have another project for you that I created a pattern you can download to make it easier to make. The pattern can be found here. There are both a PDF and a PNG file. The PDF was created for those of you that are going to be hand cutting the pieces, it also has a brief description of how to assemble the project. The PNG is there for those of you that want to use your electronic cutting machines to cut the pieces. Along with the PNG you will also find a text file that gives you sizing instructions. You are welcome to create the project to sell if you desire however please do not distribute the pattern,. If you want someone else to be able to use the pattern direct them to this blog post and the video so they can download it themselves. Thank you.


The project is designed to be cut from white medium weight card-stock. You can easily find this in almost any store that sells craft supplies. I prefer to use white and paint it to the color I want for a couple of reasons. First less paper to buy I only need white on had for these projects. And most important I find that for the most part the paint is more light fast than colored paper so the project doesn’t fade as much or as quickly.



In addition to the paper pieces you will also need something to use as a base. I used a piece of a regular craft-stick that was cut 1” long.



 

Glue the three sets of paper pieces together so you have a set of face pieces, an oval set, and a pumpkin with a stem set. I prefer a thick tacky glue for this. Allow the glue to dry completely.


 

 


 

Now paint all the pieces with an orange paint you can skip the stem on the pumpkin set. I used FolkArt Multi-Surface paint in Vivid Orange. Once dry paint the reverse side of the pumpkin piece. You might need 2 or more coats of paint. Also be sure to get the edges of the interior cuts on the face set.



 

Once the orange has dried paint the stem of the pumpkin set with a green, I used FolkArt Multi-Surface paint in Bright Green. You will need to paint both sides of the stem.


 

 


 

Once dry paint the center of one side of the pumpkin with a yellow paint. This will be behind the face cutouts. I wanted a bright yellow to help it show up better and the bright yellow paint I had (Apple Barrel Bright Yellow) was a bit on the translucent side so it took several coats to cover.



 

 

Once the paint is all dry assemble your pumpkin by gluing the face set to one side (over the yellow paint) and the oval on the other side and allow to dry.


 

 


 

 

This is also a good time to do any painting of your base that you wish to do. I used a very thick Burnt Umber paint to coat the wood piece then I wiped off most the paint leaving a finish that looks like a wood stain.




 

 

Once the glue dries do a touch up of the orange paint being sure to get all the areas of yellow and any edges you might have missed. Allow to dry.


 

 

 


 

When all the paint is dry it is time to glue the pumpkin to the center of the base. You might need to use a bit of sandpaper to even up the bottom of your pumpkin so that it will stand up on its own. Then use some tacky glue to glue it to the base. Allow to dry.



 

Now all we need to do is apply an even coat of Satin Mod Podge and allow to dry.


 

 

 

 

There you have a two sided tabletop pumpkin to display in the dollhouse.


As always a huge thank you to Plaid for supplying most of thee paint, brushes and Mod Podge used in today’s project



As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.





No comments:

Post a Comment