Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Stacked Pumpkins

 


Watch the video here.



I have been seeing these stacked pumpkin decorations all over and I simply love them. I decided they would be a lot of fun to make for the dollhouse so that is today’s project.


The set I made today is big enough to display outside on the dollhouse porch but you could easily make it smaller for an indoor tabletop decoration also.


Another thing you could change up is the both the colors of the pumpkins and the shape of them. I went with a fairly neutral color palette of a toned down orange with some brown/beige tones added in. But I am seeing pumpkin decorations in many other colors so pick what you love and go with it.


As for shape some of the of the real size ones I saw had tall pumpkins and some had short flatter ones. I loved the look of the shorter flattened ones so again that was what I made today.


You could also add a Jack-o-lantern face to all or some of the pumpkins and make this a Halloween decoration.



For the one I made I used one of those wooden plant pots that you can buy at the craft-store. Mine measured a 1” across at the top and was 1” tall. You can pick whatever container you want for yours. Again the real ones vary so much so look through your stash to see what you have on hand.


I painted the pot as plain black because that was the look I liked the best.




Then I mixed my clay colors.



My base color was Fimo in Cognac, which I love for a muted pumpkin color. This was what I used for the middle pumpkin. I mixed some dark brown (Sculpey III in Suede Brown) with some for the bottom pumpkin. For the top one I mixed in some white to the base color to give me nice ombre effect in my colors.



For the stem I mixed some lighter brown (Sculpey III in Hazelnut) with some white to give that dried stem color.


How much clay you need will depend on how big of a container you are using for your base and what shape you want for your pumpkins. Make a ball of the color for the bottom pumpkin and flatten it as much as desired. Then fit it to the top of whatever base you are using. When you have the size you like add the lines to the sides of the pumpkin, I used a toothpick for this step. Test fit the pumpkin to your base again in case you distorted the shape while adding the detail.


Now with the middle pumpkin color make a slightly smaller ball and shape shape it as desired. Try it on you bottom pumpkin and when you are happy with it add the lines the same way as before.


For the top pumpkin use the color you have chosen to make a smaller ball of clay and then shape it into a pumpkin. This one will have a few more details. Use a ball tool to make a dent at the top and smooth it out then add the lines to sides.


Use the light brown/beige clay to form a stem for the top.



Stack you pumpkins the way you want them. It is a good idea to try them on your base to make sure you have the look you are going for. Them bake the pumpkin stack for 30 minutes at a slightly lower temperature than called for on the clay package.



 

 

While the pumpkins baked I finished my pot with some Satin Mod Podge so it would be dry when my pumpkins cooled.


 

 

 

 


 

 

Now you can glue the pumpkins onto the top of your base or leave them loose. I choose not to glue in case I want to display them differently in the future. Since mine sits nicely on their own they will be fine not glued. If you do glue be sure to use a glue that is polymer clay friendly.



 

 

Black paint, Mod Podge. and brushes provided by Plaid for use in videos.





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment