Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, August 13, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Loaf Pans

 



Watch the video here.





This week for our food related tutorial I decided to make some loaf pans. This is part of a project I have been wanting to do for I and just hadn’t gotten around to it. This week we will be making the pans and in future tutorials I hope to make some loaves of bread to go in them and maybe a few other things that are bread related too.


So to begin, I decided the best material to use was some card-stock to make the pans. I chose this because I wanted this to be a project anyone could make. It is really just an open box shape so it is really simple. I am using white medium weight card-stock since we are going to need to do some painting later on anyway.


The hardest part of making these is getting the lines spaced out correctly. I made this diagram to hopefully help you keep track of the line placement.



First draw a line ¼” from the bottom edge of the paper, this will give us the first side of the pan. Then draw another line ¾” from the first this gives us the bottom of the pan. Then another ¼” away for the second side. Now turn your paper 90° and draw a line ¼” from the edge to give the first side again. Now another 3/8” away to give the bottom of the pan. And finally another ¼” away for the final side. Cut out on the outer lines and score on all the lines are
then fold along the lines.




 

 

Now cut a slit from each corner to where the lines intersect this will give you the flaps we will use to glue our pan together.


 


 

 

Now glue the flaps that are attached to the narrow side to the inside of the long side. And the flaps attached to the long sides to outside of the short ends. This will make a pan that looks like a loaf pan. Allow the glue to dry.


I like to make several of these at one time since they are quick to make and I already have all the tools out.



 

Once the glue is dry it is time to give a base coat of a gray paint. Any medium gray paint will do for this. You will probably need 2 coats for full coverage.


 

 

 


 

 

Once the gray is dry add a cost of s silver paint an allow to dry.


 

 

 

 


 

Now to age the pans give them a coat of a warm yellow (yellow ocher) wash, use as much or as little as you want. This will make the pans look old and well used with that built up patina of grease that seems to never come off entirely from a well used pan.



 

Once dry you can optionally add just a tiny bit of a black wash to the corners, especially the inside of the pain. You could also use a brown wash at this point.


 

 


Allow to dry and give a nice coat of Satin Mod Podge.


A note about the Mod Podge, I have baked clay in containers that have been Mod Podged and had no problems. If you are nervous about this go ahead and wait until you have baked any clay items in the pans and then add the finish coat.






As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment