Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, August 28, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Fall Tabletop Decoration

 


Watch the video here.







Today I thought it would be fun to replicate in miniature a little fall decoration I recently picked up in real size. I was at the local Family Dollar store and they had just finished putting out some new fall decorative items. In amongst them I saw this cute tabletop decoration. Now to be honest I wasn’t going to buy anything that day but then little guy was just sitting there and I knew it would be perfect to make in miniature. I also know it will fit in on my fake fireplace since the decorations were a little sparse last year.


So to begin we need to gather just a couple of items. A couple of regular craft-sticks and a white chenille stem. For coloring those we will need a few paints (we’ll talk about those in a minute) and some alcohol markers.


Start by cutting the craft-sticks in the following sizes:

2 @ 1”

2 @ ¼”

1 @ ½”

1 with a roof peak that measures 5/8” from the tip of the peak to the base.



 

Glue the two 1” pieces together and clamp to hold until at least mostly dry. This well be the base of our piece.


 

 

 


 

 

Now glue the peaked craft-stick piece and the ½” one like this to form the little house.


 

 

 


Meanwhile use a pair of scissors to trim the chenille stem into a tree shape and color with the alcohol markers. Ideally if you have a brown one that would probably work alone. I didn’t have one so I used a yellow one first to coat it then just a touch of orange on the tips of what are now the branches. Set this aside to dry until later.



 

 

Once the glue dried mark the middle of the long unit and glue the 2 tiny pieces to the front like this. Allow to dry.


 

 

 


 

Now we can paint, I used some vanilla cream paint for the base piece. Then mix a tiny bit of the same paint with a brown (I used Woodsy Smoke) to make a beige color and paint the house part. Allow to dry.


 

 


Now add the details. On the house part use the cream color to add the roof details and a door and windows. Then first with a pencil write the word FALL on the base and they using a toothpick apply some rust[orange color paint (I used Buttered Yam) to the letters. Allow to dry.


 


 

 

 

Once dry glue the house to the top of the base. Cut the tree free of the rest of the stem and glue next to the house and allow to dry.


 

 


There you have a cute little fall tabletop decoration for your dollhouse. Here is the one I made in the video next to it’s real counterpart. I think I did a pretty good job of scaling it down for the dollhouse.







As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment