Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Apple Garden Flag

 


Watch the video here.

 

 




For the month of August I am going to be using the theme of Apples some of the items we will be making. This way you will be already to display they in the month of September which for whatever reason I always associate with that theme. It could be because that was back to school month both for myself growing up and for my kids or it could be from picking apples in all the apple trees we always had growing on the farm when I was growing up. They seemed to be tucked in every place my dad could find to plant one.



Like always we are starting with a strip of plain white, 100% cotton fabric. I use bleached muslin for my flags, you should be able to find this fabric in any fabric store/department especially if they carry any fabrics geared to quilters. For our flag we need a strip that measures 1” by 3”.



The other item we will need to begin is some paper backed fusible web. This is basically a fabric glue that is heat activated and comes on a sheet of paper making it very easy to use. I prefer the Heat 'N Bond brand. There are other brands in stores and you can use whatever brand you can find. I do recommend you pick one that is designed to hold without sewing. Mine is labeled “Ultra-Hold” this way you won't need to worry about your flag coming apart later. You will need a 1” square of the paper-backed fusible web.


Follow the directions on your fusible web product to form your flag.


To decorate out apple flag I am staying pretty simple with just a red apple in the bottom corner of the flag. You could build on this design of course and put more on yours. If you do be sure to show me a picture of what you make.



I start by drawing the apple in the corner with a pencil. If I wasn’t doing a video I would have taken care to make my lines lighter in color that I did for the video but the paint still covered the lines up just fine.


Once the red paint was dry on the first side I used that design to help my with the placement of the apple on the second side.



 

Once the red paint was dry I used a green and a brown paint to make the stem and some leaves. But sure to use as small of a brush for both of these as you can.


 

 


Once dry the flag is ready to add to our flag bracket on the front porch of the dollhouse.

once again a big think you to Plaid for the red and green paints and the brushes that I used this week.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment