Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, April 2, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Enchiladas

 



Watch the video here.





This week I thought it would be fun to make some enchiladas for the dollhouse family to enjoy. This is a project I have been meaning to get around to doing for a while now.



We start out by making our “meat” filling. It is simply made by using at least 2 colors of brown polymer clay, I like to use a reddish brown and a dark brown then chopping that up fine and pressing it together then rolling a snake from that clay. This gives the illusion of the cooked meat mixture very easily. We will only see a tiny bit of the clay and the tiny bit of detail will work nicely in the finished project. Roll this into a snake about the diameter of a toothpick and set aside.



The next part of our enchiladas the tortillas, since once again we are only going to see a small portion of the tortillas we are going simple. I used some Original Sculpey but any off white clay would work just as well. Roll it out as thin as possible and use a ½” round cutter to cut the tortillas. Since I lost most of my clay cutting tools when I moved a couple of years ago I had to get creative, I found the lid to a chap-stick tube was just the right size for cutting these today and will be a welcome addition to my tool collection until I get some more clay tools gathered up.



Now that we have the basic parts to our enchiladas it is a simple matter of placing the “meat filling” snake on top of a tortilla.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 Rolling the tortilla around it to make an enchilada shape,

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

and trimming the meat filling even with the edges of the tortilla.

 

 

 

 


Then using a pointed tool. I used my dental pick texture the bit of filling that shows at the ends. 








Make as many as you need. I did add a small amount of a light yellow ocher chalk to the tops of the tortillas wrapped around the enchiladas so they will look a bit more baked when finished.





Now we need to make some sauce for our enchiladas, I used some oil paint and TLS (Translucent Liquid Sculpey) to make my sauce. The colors of paint I used were: Rose Madder, Vermilion, and Yellow Ocher.


I first mixed the paints to give me a color I thought was close to what I wanted then mixed just a bit into some TLS, not too much or the TLS won't cure properly. Since red is a very hard color to get correct I baked off a small amount of the TLS mixture to test my color and adjusted it to make it what I was looking for.



Once I had the TLS/paint mixture the way I wanted it I coated the bottom of the baking dish I was going to use with a thin layer and added my enchiladas. I then added a good generous layer of the “sauce” to the top. I also placed a pool of sauce on a piece of foil added a couple of enchiladas and sauced the top. These can be glued to a plate in the future.


The casserole dish I used for the project was just one I quickly made a while back from card-stock. Let me know if you would like a tutorial on these.


Now everything can be baked at the recommended temperature for your clay for 10 minutes and allowed to cool.






As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment