Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Cactus Porch Sign

 



Watch the video here.





Today we are making another porch sign for the dollhouse front porch. I decided to do a set of porch decor in the theme of cactus for this month and I love how this little sign turned out.


To begin the project I dug through my tub of wood shapes that I have collected over the year. If you have been crafting for very long you probably have a similar collection lurking in your craft room also. If not I do recommend watching for the simple wood shapes to go on sale at the craft store and pick up some packages of the mixed sizes of basic shapes. They are so useful in creating so many things in our mini world.



The things I used today were: a jumbo craft-stick )the kind that are ¾” wide) cut to 4 ½” long, a small piece of ¼” by ¼” strip-wood, 1 wooden teardrops (1 ½” by ½”), a slim stick from Hobby Lobby, and a wooden sign shape (use whatever shape you have for the base of your sign.





Start by cutting 2 short pieces of the slim stick (about ¾” each) these are going to be used to help the branches onto the cactus.



Decide where you want your branches and glue them in place and allow to dry.




I decided to paint my sign at this point since it will be easier with the ability to lay it flat to paint.


I used a medium tone of green paint on the cactus and a brown on the piece I am using for the base. Allow the paint to dry.



Now use 2 or 3 (or more) colors of green paint to add some lines to your cactus, nothing fancy just some broken, squiggly lines. Allow to dry.










Now give both pieces a coat of Mat Mod Podge and allow to dry.





Cut a short piece of the ¼” by ¼” wood and glue it even with the bottom of the cactus on the back. This will again give us more of an edge to glue to. Allow to dry.







Now glue the cactus to the base and when the glue sets up you are ready to display your sign on the front porch of your dollhouse.




 

 

 

As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment