Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Cactus Door Mat

 


Watch the video here.

 

 




This week we are adding a fun cactus-themed door mat to the porch on the dollhouse. Just like with all of our door mats lately I am using a 1 ½” by 2 ½” piece of felt as the base. This is the same stuff I have been using for all the door mats in this series and it is the type of felt that is sold by the yard in the fabric store as opposed to the squares from the craft store. This felt is a bit thicker so I feel it looks better but either will be fine, especially since we are giving it a good coat of paint later.



The first step though is a nice coat of Mat Mod Podge, this seals the felt so that that layer of paint will go one more evenly and we won't need as much paint. The Mod Podge will take a while to dry and you do want it to be dry before you add the paint.





For the background color this time I chose a cream color of craft paint, any light color would work though.








Once the paint dries it is time to add our design and this month I went pretty simple.



I decided to use an alcohol based marker for the lettering since I wanted to have thinner lines this time. I used one by Bic but a Sharpie or any alcohol based marker will work just fine. I started with the word HOWDY toward the top right. Then below it and slightly smaller y'all. I thought this phrase when well with the theme this month.


Then using a green paint I added a very simple cactus next to the words.


Allow the paint to dry and do any touch ups you feel you need. I did go over some of my letters to add ink where the pen had skipped.


And that is all there is to this month's door mat.


So I promised in the video to tell you what happened that this very short and simple project went up a day late. Well it all began on Sunday when I filmed the first part of my video. I got the door mat up the point where it was painted and I was ready to add the design. That would mean that on Monday I would have an easy time finishing it up and getting the video ready for you guys to watch on Tuesday. All went well until I started to film my into for the video, you see that very first part of every video you see is usually the very last part I film. I turned the camera on and started to tell you about the project and suddenly realized I had misspelled HOWDY! How you might be asking, well I managed to leave out the D! I couldn't believe I had done that and the idea of fixing it at that point was just not in the cards. I decided to toss the mistake and start over. I also knew that I could rush and get the project redone but I decided to not do a rush job and just have this video go up a day late and take my time and not make any mistakes.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment