Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Blind Bags March 2022

 

Watch the video here.




Every time I post a blind bag opening video I get a ton of questions about how to find these little treasures so today I am going to go into some detail on how I find them.


So far I have purchased all the blind bags I have shown on the channel from eBay. I have heard they are also available on Alliexpress but I don't shop over there so I can't say for sure.



When I open up the eBay screen I go to the top of the page and in the search bar I type – dollhouse miniature blind bags the last time I also added 10 to the end of this to limit the selection to only groups of 10 bags.


Then I hit enter and let the search process complete.



Once I have first page of choices up on my screen I go to the top of the page and look for the box that says “best match” and click to bring down the menu.







Now since I am looking for the best deal I click on the line that says “price+shipping lowest first”







Then it is just a matter of scrolling down and finding the auction that catches my eye.






No let's look at what I got in those10 bags.



Bag number 1- this one is a little glass that has details pressed into it to resemble cut glass. This is going to look great in the dollhouse and I would love to get an entire set of these.










Bag number 2- this one held a green mug that appears to be closer to Barbie size than dollhouse scale. I think though that it will make a really cute planter, I know I have seen real planters in the shape of cups/mugs and I always think they are really cute. I think we will plant something in this in a future video, I might also paint it to go better in the current dollhouse too.





Bag number 3- this one looks to me to be a rather typical beer mug/stein like would be made of glass in real life. I know this one will be useful in the dollhouse.








Bag number 4- a bit oversized but I think it is not too far off, this champagne flute can certainly find a home in the dollhouse. It does however have a bit of a tilt and doesn't stand up straight so it will either need to be fastened in place or I will need to figure out a way to straighten it a bit.








Bag numbers 5, 6 and 8- I am going to put these all together here since they are pretty much identical. Here we have 3 wine glasses, I would call them red wine glasses because of the shape and they are another one I would love to have a set of in the future.



Bag number 7- is another wine glass, this time more in the shape of a white wine glass, I wish there had been at least one more of this one in the batch.









Bag number 9- this glass is way too big for this scale but I am sure I will think of something to use it for. It is cute and a bit smaller would have been so good









Bag number 10- this bag produced another beer mug/stein this time a bit bigger and more plain in design.









So what do I think about all of the pieces I got this time. I am very happy, only 2 of the 10 were out of scale and I know at least one of those will be have a place anyway.




Once of the reasons I choose this batch of bags was I was hoping to have a few repeats so I could start building a collection of glass ware for the dollhouse kitchen. I think I got a decent start on that collection and I just might have to order a couple more of this set to see what I can get to add to it.



As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment