Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Easter Bunny Garden Flag

 


Watch the video here.





In preparation for Easter I knew we needed a new flag to go on our flag bracket and I decided to stick with the same style of Easter Bunny that I have been using on the other items for porch decor. I do love how he turned out.


So to start we are again using a piece of bleached muslin fabric that measures 1” by 3”. One thing I don't think I mentioned last month when we made the St, Patrick's Day flag was to make sure your flag piece is cut on grain of the fabric. This fabric is a woven fabric so you want to make sure you are cutting the piece of fabric straight with that weave. The easiest way to find the “straight of grain” is to first make a small snip at the edge of the fabric and tear the fabric the entire width. Because it is woven it should tear straight. Then use a ruler and rotary cutter to cut a neat edge that is parallel to the torn edge. Let me know it you would like me to demonstrate this in a video in the future.



Once your have your flag blank cut it is time to decorate it. I wanted a bunny at the bottom corner, similar to the one on the doormat with a “sky” area behind him. This month I am using craft paints instead of fabric paint since I had the colors I wanted. I started with 2 blues and a bit of white and using a stencil brush I make a sky area. I tried to stay away from the corners I wanted to place my bunny in.



Once the paint dried I used my fine tip black paint pen to draw the outline and facial features of our very simple bunny.









Since I had quite a bit of blue paint inside of the ears I decided to use some white paint to cover that up a bit. It would have been fine left as is also.







Once the paint was completely dry I used a 1” by 1” square of Heat 'N Bond Ultrahold to glue the flag into shape. I gave detailed instructions last month on how to do that so here is a link to that blog post if you need those instructions.





After you have bonded the flag all you need to do is trim any loose threads and your flag is ready to display on the dollhouse front porch.


And a huge thank you to Plaid for the paints they provided to help me make better videos for all of you.



As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment