Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Sliced Jellyroll

 


Watch the video here.





This week for our Saturday tutorial I decided to make some jellyroll slices. I think they turned out really cute and they can be plated up for so many scenes in your mini displays.



To start we need just a few colors of clay. For the cake layer I am using about equal parts white and beige with just a tiny bit of yellow added. All you need to do is make that white not so white and more of a creamy cake color.





Next add some sand to add some built in texture to the cake layer. You could skip this step but then you would need to do a bit more texturing later. Here is what you want the clay/sand mixture to look like.






Now for the jelly filling, this is made with just two colors some translucent and a bit of any red. Keep in mind the color of the unbaked mixture will be a lighter in color than will be after baking. If you are in doubt if you have enough red in your mix go ahead and bake a tiny bit to do a color check.




Once the clay colors are mixed roll each out into a slab to use as the cake and jelly filling.



I used a set of double thick craft-sticks to roll the cake layer.










And a pair of craft-sticks to roll the jelly layer.







You want the layer of cake to be about twice as thick as the jelly layer.


Now put the jelly layer on top of the cake layer and press together a bit. Trim both layers to be a nice rectangle and then roll them together to thin them out just a bit. I used my double set of craft-sticks for this.



Now roll up into a jellyroll shape and reduce the diameter to about 3/8”.








Now would be a good time to add some chalk to give the cake a good baked look (I forgot until I pulled mine out of the freezer)






Now freeze your jellyroll for about 20 minutes to firm it up a bit. This will make cutting it so much easier.


Slice as desired, I cut all of mine into slices.



Texture the cut side of each slice and bake for 10 minutes at the temperature stated on your clay package.


That is all there is to this project, the slices are ready to plate however you wish.



As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment