Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Easter Bunny Porch Sign

 


Watch the video here.





This week for the Tuesday tutorial we are adding a cute porch sign to the front porch of the dollhouse for Easter, actually a pair of signs. I was once again inspired by several signs that I saw when I did an image search and combined ideas from a several different signs. And since I thought the bunnies were so cute and I couldn't decide if I should make a girl bunny or a boy bunny I decided to make a pair of bunnies.



Once I had an idea of what I wanted to make I started digging through my bin of wood pieces that I have collected over the years. I wanted to find some basic shapes that would give me a head-start on the bunny shaped signs. I found some wood oval shapes that are just over 2” long and some 1” circles. I knew those would be perfect for what I wanted to do. I also grabbed a couple of the Hobby Lobby slim sticks to use as the ears on the bunnies.


Next before I started working I checked online and did find that you can still get the oval and circle wood shapes (online at least) so if you don't have them on hand you should be able to easily find them.



Now to begin I sanded one of the ends of the oval shape to make a flat base for the bunny.








Once I had the oval shaped so it would work for what I wanted to do I glued the circle to the not flattened end of the oval. This forms the bunny head and body. Overlap the two pieces enough that you get a good bond but leave enough space for the ears in the next step.





Speaking of the ears, cut 1” from each rounded end of the slim stick to use as the ears. Glue these on the back side of the head like this. You can angle the ears anyway you wish to give your bunny some personality.







Once the glue is dry give the front and sides of the bunny a coat of white paint and allow to dry.







 

 

Now add some pale pink in a line down the middle of each ear.









And using a fine tip black paint pen add a cute face.





You can add as many or as few details as you wish.



Once the detail paint is completely dry give your bunnies a coat of Mat Mod Podge and allow to dry.








Next I added a bow to the girl bunny's ear and a bow tie to the boy bunny using some embroidery floss. Use a dot of glue to attach.







Once the glue dries trim the excess floss ends from the bows.







Once again I do want to thank Plaid for the paint, Mod Podge and brushes they provided for me to use in making videos for all of you. 

 

 

And you have a cute pair of bunny signs to put on the dollhouse front porch for Easter.



As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment