Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, March 20, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Easter Cookie Jar

 


Watch the video here.





I wanted to add an Easter Cookie Jar to our growing collection of mini cookie jars. I will be the first to admit it is not up to what I had hoped for, I am going to just say I am still not feeling well and hopefully you all will see what it can be.



Like all of our cookie jars I am starting with a strip of heavy white card-stock that measures ¾” by 4. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


This is wrapped around a permanent marker and glued to form our base, the glue from this step does need to dry completely before you go on to the next step.





Once the glue is dry we can start to build up the shape of our cookie jar. I was aiming for an egg shape, not completely happy with the final shape but it will do.



I used TLS (Translucent Liquid Sculpey) as a glue to add the raw clay to the paper base. I used some white clay, in this case Original Sculpey, to build up my shape over a couple of steps baking in between steps. I also created a small disc of clay that will be the base of the lid for the cookie jar.


 

 


Once I had the basic shape I added a layer of a pale purple clay to my cookie jar for the final color and shape. I mixed this particular purple by combining some of my white clay with some purple I had in my stash.






Once I was happy I set the cookie jar base on my baking surface and created the little pieces that I will need to make the face of the the cookie jar lid, a beak (2 pieces) and a few feathers for the top of the chick's head. These were baked and set aside to cool.


 

 


Next I took some pale yellow clay and formed the head/lid of the cookie jar. It is a basic half ball shape that is the same diameter as the finished cookie jar. I added the beak and the top feathers using some TLS and baked for 20 minutes.






Once cooled (I stuck mine in the freezer to speed the process) I added the disc of clay to the bottom of the lid with more TLS and baked for another 10 minutes.






Once cooled I added some details with craft paint (eyes and dots) and allowed to dry.








To finish off our cookie jar just give it a light coat of gloss Mod Podge and allow to dry. Be sure to make this a very thin coat.







Once again I want to thank Plaid for providing the paint, brushes and Mod Podge I used.



As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment