Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Easter Bunny Doormat

 


Watch the video here.




I decided that since March is here and that means Easter is next month I wanted to get started on some Easter decorations for the dollhouse. This week we are kicking off our Easter decorations for the year with a really cute doormat.


Just like for all the doormats I have been making in this series I started with a blank cut from some rust brown felt. This is the felt that is sold by the yard in the fabric store as opposed to the felt that is sold by the square in the craft store. It is a bit heavier in weight but either variety of felt will work just fine.


Start by cutting yourself a doormat blank that is 1 ½” by 2 ½”.



Now give the piece of felt a good thick coat of mat Mod Podge and allow to dry completely. I like to do this step for two reasons it seals the felt so that I get a much better finish on the coat of paint that comes next and it makes the mat nice and stiff so I lays in front of the door better. On the ones that I skipped this step on I needed more coats of paint and it never got as even of a coat of color.


Please note-Mod Podge, paint, and brushes provided by Plaid for use in videos.



Now that the Mod Podge is dry give your doormat a good coat of the background color. I am using Paradise Blue from Ceramcoat. I love this color and am not sure why I haven't used it before this.







Once the background color is dry the fun begins, we are adding a bunny rabbit to the bottom right corner of the doormat. I saw a couple of real size doormats online with bunnies similar to this on them and I thought they were so cute. Allow to dry completely.






Now for the final step we are going to use a fine tip paint pen and first add the words to the left side. I picked the phrase “Hop On In” since I thought it was really cute and went so well on the bunny themed doormat.

Now use the paint pen to carefully outline the bunny and add any details you want him to have. I added some fold lines to the ears, eyes, nose and mouth.


That is all there is to this doormat, I love how cute it came out and I hope you love him too.





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.









2 comments: