Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, December 18, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Deli Meats

 


Watch the video here.

 

 



This week for our Saturday food related video we are making some deli meats to go on that fancy meat and cheese tray I want to make.






We start out with some slices of turkey. I wanted a this turkey to look like a smoked turkey so I mixed Original Sculpey with an equal amount of Sculpey III Beige. This warmed it up and gave it a nice color.

 

 

 

 I then added in some white sand to add texture to the clay so that when we cut it won't be so smooth. Add enough sand that when you pull the clay apart it breaks and gives you this texture. 

 

 

 

 


I rolled it into a snake around ¼” and flattened the bottom side. I then coated the top and sides with some chalks to make it look like it have been cooked. Then I moved the clay to the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up so I could slice it.Slice as desired.






The next step was to mix up some colors we will need to use to make both the ham and the salami. I started by making a mixture of 2 parts translucent clay with 1 part white clay. This is actually a mixture that I usually have on hand but was out of so I make extra for future projects. In today's project I will be referring to this mixture as the “fat color”


Next I wanted to build a base for the “meaty color” so I mixed equal parts Fimo Red and Sculpey III Terracotta.







I then mixed part of the “meaty color” with an equal amount of the “fat color” I kept part of this to the side and mixed more “fat color” into the remaining “meat mix” and reserved some of this.


To the rest of the “meat mix” I added in some of the same Beige I had used earlier. This will be what we now use to make our slice ham. To do this I simply rolled out some of this clay then rolled out a tiny bit of the “fat color” very thin and marbled it into the ham. 

 

 

 

 

It was then rolled into a snake a bit larger than ¼” and again I flattened one side and coated it with some reddish brown chalk.

 

 

 

 

 

 Then into the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up. Then it was time to slice some of the ham cane.







For the salami I took the two meaty colors I mixed earlier as well as some of the fat color and also some of my white mix (1 part white to 1 part translucent) 

 

 

 

 

These were then chopped and gathered together to form the interior of the salami. This was then rolled into a snake that was less that than ¼” in diameter. This was then coated with a chalk that matched the darker of the meat colors (not a perfect match just in that color range) It was them moved to freezer until it was firm enough to slice without misshaping it too much.

 

 Slice this as desired.


Once you have your meats sliced bake at 250°F for 5 minutes to cure. Allow to cool and arrange as desired.





 

 


 

 

As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment