Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, December 25, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Crackers

 


Watch the video here.

 

 



This week for the Saturday video we are adding some crackers to our cheese and meat tray.


I do have an older cracker video on the channel which you can find here if you want to do some other crackers,


I am starting with the same base color of clay for my first set of crackers this time that I used in that video. But I am using other colors for the 2nd and 3rd crackers this time than I use in that video. Ia am also making all three of these differently than I did in that video.


For the base color of clay I am mixing equal parts white and beige polymer clay. Any brand will work.






For the first set of crackers I rolled that clay out into a snake ⅛” in diameter. 


 

 


Then cut this into approximately ⅛” pieces.

 

 

 

 

 Roll each of these pieces into a small ball. 

 

 

 

Flatten each ball with your fingertip.

 

 

 

 

Then add some holes using either the tool I showed you how to use in Tuesday's tutorial or anther pointed tool.

 

 

 

 

Dust the tops with chalk and bake according to the directions on your clay. I baked mine at 275°F for 7 to 8 minutes.




For cracker number 2 I added a bit of Fimo Yellow Ocher to give the clay just a bit of a warm beige color. 

 

 

 

 

For these I printed off a sheet of ¼” graph paper to use as a guide for cutting. I got my paper here as a PDF, this is a site I visit often and have gotten many different items from with no issues. I then out a piece of parchment paper over the graph paper to work on top of. I used two of the slim sticks from Hobby Lobby to guide me in getting a nice evenly rolled surface. I then used the lines on the graph paper to score the crackers then to cut them to size. 

 

The crackers were then textured with the same tool as I use with the first batch. Then chalk was applied and they were baked.





For the third variety of crackers I added some Fimo Caramel to my base clay for a nice light brown color. Maybe a light rye or whole wheat cracker. 

 

 

 

These were rolled the same way as the last batch but I cut them into diamonds just bloodlessly using the lines to guide. For these I used the texture tool with 3 pins.

Then again chalk was added and they were baked.




Our meat and cheese board is really starting to come together. I hope you are enjoying the process as much as I am. If there any items you would like to see me make to add to the board? Be sure to let me know if you have any requests.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.



1 comment:

  1. This looks simply yummy. I'm not going to miss a single video tutorial, even if I'm late for lack of time. Thank you so much and a Happy New Year to you and yours!
    Hugs,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete