Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Blind Bags December 2021

 


Watch the video here.

 

 




A couple of months back I did a blind bag opening on the channel and everyone enjoyed it so much I decided order some more blind bags. They finally came in the mail. I have a batch today and then there will be another batch up in January.


I was starting to wonder if these would ever arrive. I id get tracking from the seller on eBay but it ended when the packages left customs and were handed over to the carrier for delivery. That happened in early November. Then I had no more information until they showed up on my USPS app on December 3. At that point they had left Chicago and were in theory headed to Fargo to be delivered to me. I mention this because Chicago is about a 8 hour drive from me, it took over a week to get to Fargo. And I have no idea where they were for the entire month of November. They took so long to get here that they disappeared from my purchase history on eBay. Next time I need to do a screen shot of the purchase so I know what I got and the details. Lesson learned on that point. I also don't remember how much I spent on each package. I got two at the same time and they were around $3 with free shipping. If I had a screen shot I would have that information for you also.


Anyway lets get on to looking at and talking about what I got. I was thinking there were supposed to be 10 blind bags in each group but this one only has 5. So I am not sure if I am remembering wrong or if I was shorted. I am going to assume I am remembering it wrong.


The first bag was a small bunch of broccoli. It is in scale for 1/12th scale. The only issue I have with it is the color and the fact it is so shiny. There are also a few seams that need to be addressed from the mold process. This piece will be a quick fix and will look wonderful in the dollhouse once painted.





Second item was heart shaped cake (?) I have to assume what it is meant to be. I think it is a cake anyway. The painting is sloppy but the form is fine and it is in scale to be a cute little cake. I think again with some paint this piece will be very usable in the dollhouse.






The third blind bag revealed a little mushroom shaped house. The more I look at this one the more I like it. Again it is in desperate need of a coat of paint . But with a little love I can see this on the front porch of the dollhouse or even out in the landscaping as a fairy house.








The fourth blind bag contained what I am going to call a doughnut cake. It is way too big to be a doughnut but as a cake it is in scale. Again it really needs to be re-painted to make it look more realistic and not so plastic but it can become something really cute in the end I am sure.







The last blind bag for this batch contained a can of something pineapple, at least I think that is what it is. I am going to leave this one just as is and use it with the rest of the foods in a pantry type area of the kitchen.









So am I happy with my experience this time. Mostly, I am. If this had been my first dollhouse miniature blind bag experience I might not have ordered again but I think it can use most if not all 5 items that I got. I will definitely be buying more sets in the future also.


These are just so fun to get and open, kind of like a little mini Christmas.


Let me know if you want to see the makeover of the items that I got.






As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


2 comments:

  1. Interesting. Yes makeover would be good. I did 2 of the tree mats and they turned out very nice. Have only heard of blind bags from you. Will look them up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'd love to see a makeover.
    Hugs,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete