Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Tabletop Christmas Village

 


Watch the video here.

 




I really tried to make this a short video but I just couldn't make it the length I wanted to and still get all the details in for you guys. I hope you enjoy the project. It does turn out so cute and it really is easy to do. You can vary the colors of paint used to make it go into your dollhouse and you can make the houses any height you want to give you the look you want. This tutorial is really just a starting point on this one.


So we are starting out with a green chenille stem, a jumbo craft-stick (¾” wide), a regular craft-stick, a slim stick (or a skinny stick) and a little more than 4” of ⅛” x ⅛” strip-wood.





Make a mark a on the sticks on each stick a bit from the end then use this to like up your cuts. Cut the ends at 45° angles to form a roof peak.





Paint the about 1” of ends of the sticks and allow to dry.







These are the colors I used for mine.







I also used a white paint pen to paint all the roofs.




Measure the height of each house and mark.






Cut to size. Also cut the strip-wood into 2 pieces that are 2” long.







Glue the houses between the two pieces of strip-wood and clamp to hold. Make sure everything is straight and the bottom is level and lined up.







 

 

 

Add windows and doors if desired.









Coat with mat Mod Podge.







Use the chenille stem to make a tree to go on each end of the row of houses. These are made just like the trees I made in last week's video which you can find here.


 

 

 

 

Lightly brush the roofs and trees with some more Mod Podge and sprinkle with white glitter.


Allow to dry and you have a cute little Christmas village for the dollhouse.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


1 comment: