Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Tabletop Trees

 


Watch the video here.

 

 

 




This week I have a really quick and easy project to help the dolls in the dollhouse get ready for Christmas. I was inspired to do this one because I have seen so many similar little trees being used on the Christmas decorating videos lately. I figured if they are that popular for real size decorating this year the dollhouse should have some also.


Because both beads and chenille stems come in so many variations the possibilities for the this one are practically endless. You can vary what you use based on both what you have and the style/colors you want to use.


In the video I used three different chenille stems so you could see how they each worked and how they looked in the end.


The green one I used was fairly much just a slightly fuller version of the regular chenille stem. I have bunches of these in all the colors of the rainbow and they are really easy to find. Your color options with these are practically limitless.


The white one is one of the extra fuzzy stems, I don't have a label for them either but I think they are usually labeled as “jumbo” chenille stems.


The one that looked like a tree branch I have had in my stash for many years but I do see them from time to time, especially at this time of year. I think Dollar Tree might have something similar either as a stem or a garland if the haul videos I saw recently are a good indication.


I also know there are some bumpy chenille stems sold in some stores and that would save some of the trimming if you have those in the right colors.


As for beads I used all wooden beads because I felt they would go better in my dollhouse with the style I am using to furnish it. The cube bead was about ¼” in all directions. The round one was about ½” in diameter. And the cylinder shaped one is about ⅛” in diameter and about ⅜” long. Just look through the beads you have to find something that will work in your dollhouse/scene. Colored plastic or glass beads would be lovely, metallic ones elegant, not to mention the ones that are decorated for Christmas already. Let you imagination go wild and show me the pictures of what you come up with!


If you are using either the fuller “jumbo” style stem or the one that looks like a branch those tend to lay better one way than the other. Decide which way the fuzzy part lays more naturally and that will be your tree top. I like to start the process of trimming before I cut. I find it is easier to cut the tree the to a pleasing length if I know a little about how it is going to be shaped. I cut most of mine anywhere from just under ½” to around ¾” long. Remember part of the stem will need to go down into the bead. The fuller the stem the longer you need to cut it.


Just dip the cut end into a bit of glue and slide it into the bead and allow to dry completely.


Once dry you can trim to the final shape you like and display the trees pretty much anywhere in your dollhouse.


If the beads don't want to stand up you might need to sand the bottom a bit to smooth it out.


I do recommend using a bit of sticky stuff to help the trees stay in place. The repositionable glue dots work pretty well for this. If you aren't sure about using anything sticky on your mini furniture you can always glue your trees to a tray of some kind that can be placed and then removed easily.






As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment