Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, November 21, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Block Porch Sign

 


Watch the video here.

 

 



This week for our Sunday tutorial we are working on decorating the front porch of the dollhouse. Please note that when I filmed this video I was intending for it to be a short Tuesday video. Then the project took way longer to make than I had anticipated so I decided to move it to being a Sunday video. 


So we were able to do this with one regular sheet of card-stock and 3 strips of quilling paper. If you have narrow ribbon in the color you want to use that will work well too. I don't have any narrow ribbon in blue right now but I have a mess of quilling paper that escaped it's packaging a while back that I want to use up.


The three boxes are: 1 ¼” by 1 ¼” by 1 ¼”

1” by 1” by 1”

¾” by ¾” by ¾”


I started the project by drawing a grid for the boxes. I forgot to take a picture of the grid but it is very similar to the one we made for the moving boxes a few months ago.


After the grid is drawn it is a simple matter of cutting and scoring on the lines that we drew.






Once you have the box cut and scored we need to decorate the fronts. I used an alcohol marker to do the two letters and a ballpoint pen of a similar color to make the snowflake. Once the letters are on the boxes we glue the boxes together starting with the tab and then the flaps.




Add a ribbon if you wish then glue the boxes into a tower and add a bow.










As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really liking your quick projects. Want to do something but not start a new house till after NY's. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete