Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Snowy Tree Doormat

 


Watch the video here.

 



This week we are making a winter themed doormat for the dollhouse front porch. I love how it turned out even if I did end up having to hurry to get this video done. You see this is not what I had planned to do today, I had something else in mind that I actually made. That video turned out so long that I decided to make it the Sunday video instead of today's video. I really want to keep these Tuesday videos short for you guys. Sunday is still (and probably always will be) my “main” tutorial on the channel.


So just like all the other doormats we have made I cut the base from the same brown felt that I have been using. This is felt from the fabric store that is purchased by the yard and is 72” wide. It is heavier in weight than the stuff that is sold by the piece in the craft store. Either will work just fine. The mat is cut 1 ½” by 2 ½” .



 

 

I gave the doormat a coat of matte Mod Podge to seal it so it takes a lot less paint. It also makes the top surface a bit smoother for painting on details.






Once the Mod Podge was dry I gave it a coat of this pretty blue paint that Plaid sent to me. It is Bright Blue by Apple Barrel.





 

 

Then onto the details, I wanted some simple rustic trees so I used some white craft paint (White by Apple Barrel) and a small brush to make 5 trees that were very simple. I then added a “snow bank” to the bottom of the trees and some dots for snowflakes in the sky above them.


That is really all there is to this one. It was super fast and really fun and actually turned out better than I thought it would.





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment