Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Fall Doormat

 



Watch the video here.

 






Since I had so much fun making the Halloween doormat last month and you guys seemed to like it too I have a fall theme on for you today.


I am still using the same brown felt to make this mat that I used for the last one. Realistically I probably have enough of this felt to make hundreds of doormats so you are going to be seeing it a lot. This felt is the kind that you purchase in the fabric store by the yard not the stuff you purchase by the square in the craft store. The type I have usually comes 72” wide so even if you purchase just a small piece you are going to have a lot to work with. I think the kind by square will work okay although it is definitely thinner that this type.


I cut my doormats to be 1 ½” by 2 ½” to make them the correct scale for the dollhouse.


I have been playing around with my doormat technique and have found that sealing the felt with a coat of mat Mod Podge goes a long way in making these not only easier and faster to make but they also look a lot nicer when finished. 





Before I go any further I want to let you know that the Mod Podge, the white paint and most of the brushes I used today were sent to me free of charge by Plaid to use in making videos for all of you.


Once the sealer coat was dry I mixes some White (Apple Barrel) craft paint with just a drop of some Brown craft paint (Woodsy Smoke by Anita's) to produce a very pale tan. I just wanted to give the white a tiny touch of a tint so it wouldn't be so bright white.Here's a picture of the mixed paint to give you an idea of what I was going for.



Once this was dry I painted a very simple pumpkin shape in the lower left corner of the mat using Pumpkin craft paint (Anita's) this is supposed to be a touch rustic so you don't need to be perfect.





Once this dried a bit I got the same brown out that I had used to tint the white earlier and used that to outline my pumpkin shape and add some lines to give it a “pumpkin shape”.





Once the brown was dry I added some leaves and vines with Leaf Green craft paint (Ceramacoat) again this is rustic so don't stress over perfection.





I finished off by adding a stem and the lettering with a fine tip black paint pen. 

 

 



Allow to dry completely before placing on your dollhouse front porch.


I am loving these doormats so much that I have sketched out ideas for the next several months so the front porch on all our dollhouses can be decorated for all the seasons. I hope you will enjoy all of them as they come up.





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment