Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Santa's Mailbox

 


Watch the video here.

 

 




This week we are making another cute and easy Christmas decoration for the dollhouse, a Santa's mailbox. I have always loved these and decided that one would be perfect to sit on the post next to the steps on the front of the Beachside Bungalow. I made this entirely from stuff I had on hand and I bet a lot of you have these supplies or something that will work just as well in your stash.


We are starting with a jumbo craft-stick, the kind that is ¾” wide which we will cut 1” pieces from both round ends. These will form the ends of our mailbox. If you want to make yours shorter than I did make this piece a bit shorter. I like the taller mailbox because it gave me more room to write. For the base I am using one of the Dollar Tree tumbling tower blocks (their version of the Jenga game) which I cut to be 1” long. In addition we will also need a strip of white card-stock that is 1 ⅛” wide and a short piece of a wooden skewer.


First step is to glue the craft-stick pieces to the ends of the block piece. Make sure the bottom and side edges line up and the ends stand straight up and down. Allow this glue to dry.





Pre-curl your paper strip by carefully running the blade of your scissors along the back (like when you are curling ribbon for a bow) then line up one end with the bottom of the mailbox and glue the strip around the sides and top. We'll cut the extra paper off when the glue is dry.





Now paint the mailbox with some red craft paint. I used True Red by Anita's. 







Once dry add your lettering with white paint and paint the end of the skewer with white paint as well and allow to dry. You could opt to use stickers or stamp the design on your mailbox if you wish.






Add red stripes to the skewer and touch up as necessary on the mailbox.



Add some white paint to the top of the mailbox to look like snow.




Cut the skewer to make the handle on the door of your mailbox (mine is just a bit bigger than ¼”)








Once all the glue and paint is dry give a coat of Mod Podge to the entire mailbox. Allow to dry.







Brush a bit of Mod Podge over areas where snow would be sitting, the top where we painted it white and the top of the handle. Sprinkle with a white sparkly glitter. Allow to dry completely.






See that was really easy wasn't it?





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment