Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Dollhouse Miniature Cake Stand

 


Watch the video here.

 

 



First welcome to the first Saturday video. I announced these videos over on my Facebook page a few days ago but I'll give the short version of what my idea is. My plan is to post some kind of dollhouse miniature tutorial on Saturdays that is food related. This week we have a cake stand which obviously holds food. Next week there will be a cake video and I have several more ideas to film.



So let's get to the details of this cake stand. I wanted to make a really easy and basic cake stand. I dug through my stash of wood “bits & bobs” that I have and found the 3 pieces I used there. You don't have to use the exact same items, look through your stash and see what you have on hand. Or simply take a stroll through your local craft store and see what stands out to you.


The pieces I used were-

Wood round 1”

wood spool ½” x ⅜”

small wood round ⅜”





I began by gluing the spool to the bottom of the larger wood round. This gives us the basic cake stand.




Since I had the smaller wood rounds in my stash I decided to glue that to the bottom mostly to finish off the bottom of the spool and kind of disguise that it was a spool.






While the glue was drying I went through the paints, brushes and Mod Podge that the kind folks at Plaid sent to me and picked out what I wanted to use for the project.


After the glue dried I painted everything white with craft paint.





I used the Brushed Metal paint in gold for the rim of the cake stand, I love this paint so much. 2 coats gave a fantastic finish.




I finished the cake stand off with 3 very thin coats of Gloss Mod Podge.


This cake stand is so cute but was so easy to make. By changing the colors you use you could make a cake stand to go into any scene. 

 

 





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you. This tutorial can also serve for making a 1/48" table.
    Hugs,
    Drora

    ReplyDelete