Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Dollhouse Miniature Planner

 


Watch the video here.



I actually thought a lot about what to do for today’s tutorial, after all it is the first day of a new year. I wanted to come into the new year on a positive foot and also to have a project for you that was “right’ for a new year. I got to thinking about the fact that a lot of us try to get organized in the new year and I thought the dolls in the dollhouse might want to do the same.


I do keep a planner (multiple ones actually) in real life and I love it. I am one of those people that sits down every week and decorates my planner for the next week. I love having that ritual and it does help to keep me on track (most of the time anyway)




So our project for today was born. I created a pattern for you to make your planner and you can find it here. You will find both the PNG files to cut yours with an electronic cutting machine like the ones from Cricut and also PDFs do you can hand-cut your pieces. This time there are three PNGs/PDF pages so that you can use different papers to make your planner fun. For the cover you can pick a fun color or fun small design, for the inside pick a color that co-ordinates with the cover paper, and finally for the pages use a sheet of 20 lb (75 g/m) weight paper.



Once your pieces are cut glue the outside cover pieces to the inside cover pieces to make the cover a bit heavier and pretty on both sides. I used a glue stick for this which is a glue I seldom use. Be sure to have the holes along the edges lined up.


 

 


 

 Once the glue has dried cover the cover with some packing tape. This will make it look like it is laminated like a lot of the real planner covers are. You can use a push pin to create the holes in the tape layer of the cover.


 

 


Now carefully stack your book. In the following order;

1-front cover

2- first divider

3- 3 pages

4- 2nd divider

5- 3 pages

6- 3rd divider

7- 3 pages

8- 4th divider

9- 3 pages

10- back cover



Be sure you have the covers placed so that your pretty sides are facing out. Also keep track of the dividers and line the tabs up so they all show.


Line everything up so that the holes match up and use a binder clip to hold the book in place.


Now it is time to add the “rings” I had planned to use some jewelry jump rings but I didn’t have enough to do this. So I looked through my stash of stuff and tried several things with varying degrees of success. Then I tried some embroidery floss on a needle that was laying on my desk from repairing something. It worked really well. I used 3 strands of floss and it makes a good in scale “ring” Be sure to use a secure knot and add glue. Once the glue is dry trim the floss fairly flush with the knot and you are done.



I hope the dolls in your dollhouse can use this planner to stay organized in the new year.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

1 comment:

  1. Ok....I've said this before..but THIS is the cutest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete