Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Dollhouse Miniature Chocolate Candy

 


Watch the video here.



I was pondering what to do for today’s tutorial and decided that since I had made chocolates over on my 18” doll channel I didn’t want the dolls in the dollhouse to feel left out. So today we are making some chocolates for them to exchange on Valentine’s day. And since I had to give you somewhere to put the chocolates I have a candy box for tomorrow’s tutorial so be sure to come back for that one.



You can use any dark brown polymer clay for this project, I am using Premo in Burnt Umber but all the major brands have wonderful dark brown colors. I mixed in some Translucent clay with my dark brown. First because my clay was very crumbly and I just didn’t have the patience for that this week. But even more importantly I wanted to make sue the finished candy didn’t have that heavy chalky appearance that dark colors can sometimes have. I mixed in a little bit less than an equal amount of the translucent clay.


Since I also wanted to make sure the dolls that preferred a milk chocolate had some choices I took some of that chocolate clay and added some white to it. For this one it is up to you how much, how light in color do you want the milk chocolate to be?



 

Making these candies is super simple. For the square ones I used my single layer craft sticks and rolled out my clay on a piece of 8 squares to the inch graph paper. This makes cutting your candy shapes so much easier. Just line you clay blade up on the lines and cut. 

 


 

 

For the squares I like them to be 1/8” by 1/8” this makes a nice size candy in this scale.


 

 

 


 

 

For the round candies roll the clay out the same way then place a piece of plastic wrap (the stuff from the kitchen) over the clay and use a cocktail straw to cut the clay. Be sure to twist the straw when you cut and the pieces should work out beautifully. 

 

 


 

 

The sheet of plastic wrap does two things. It allows the candy piece to be easily removed from the straw without distorting the shape. And it gives the candy a wonderful domed top just like the real candy pieces have.


 

 

Make as many candy pieces as you want then bake for 10 minutes at the temperature directed on your brand of clay. Allow to cool completely.



Now we just need to add a very thin coat of Satin Mod Podge to give the candy the sheen that real chocolate has. I did place mine on a piece of masking tape to corral them until I was ready to place them





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial! I wanted to try chocolates but was afraid to. I have been into dollhouses and minis since 2018 and still am in the infancy stage!! So much fun!!! Lina

    ReplyDelete