Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Dollhouse Miniature Valentine Candy Box

 


Watch the video here.




In yesterday’s tutorial we made the chocolate candy so today we are making the box for the candy. We do want the dolls to be ready for Valentine’s Day.


This tutorial was actually a very last minute addition to the filming schedule so I didn’t have time to create a pattern for the box. You will have to just draw the lines from the measurements I gave in the video (and am repeating here of course)



Start on the edge of a sheet of medium weight card-stock and draw a line ¼” from the edge. Then another ½” from it and a third ¼“away. Now turn the paper 90° and draw a line ¼” from the edge, one ¾” from that line. And finally another ¼” away that one. Repeat the lines in this direction so you have both the box top and bottom.



I like to stop at this point and score the lines that need to be scored. I have much better luck with this at this point than after I cut the shape out. Once scored cut out along the outer lines and fold on all score lines.



 

 

 

Once you have pre-folded on the lines go ahead and release the tabs at the end of each long side and cut away the excess. Your shape should look like this now.


 

 

 


 

 

 

Fold the long sides in half and glue down.


 

 

 


 

 

 

Now fold up the ends gluing the tabs inside the end flaps.


Allow to dry.


 

 

If you want to make your box so the lid can fit on the box you will need to add just a bit of extra on box in place of the ½” and ¾” I didn’t have time to do the math on it this time.



 

 

Once the glue dries paint the top of the box with a red paint and allow to dry. I also painted the bottom piece with white to cover up the pencil lines.


 

 


 

Now you can decorate the top of the box as desire. I added a strip of washi tape but you could draw a heart or a bow or a flower. You could add a sticker, use your imagination. I do recommend whatever you do use actual glue to attach the decoration and don’t rely of the sticky on the back of things like stickers and wash tape.


 

 


 

 

Once decorated give the box a coat of Satin Mod Podge and allow to dry.


 

 

 

Use a clay friendly glue to attach your candies in the box. I designed the box to hold 12 of the chocolates we made in yesterday’s tutorial.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.



2 comments: