Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Dollhouse Miniature Valentine Garden Flag

 


Watch the video here.




Like always we are starting with a strip of plain white, 100% cotton fabric. I use bleached muslin for my flags, you should be able to find this fabric in any fabric store/department especially if they carry any fabrics geared to quilters. For our flag we need a strip that measures 1” by 3”.



The other item we will need to begin is some paper backed fusible web. This is basically a fabric glue that is heat activated and comes on a sheet of paper making it very easy to use. I prefer the Heat 'N Bond brand. There are other brands in stores and you can use whatever brand you can find. I do recommend you pick one that is designed to hold without sewing. Mine is labeled “Ultra-Hold” this way you won't need to worry about your flag coming apart later. You will need a 1” square of the paper-backed fusible web.



Follow the directions on your fusible web product to form your flag.


Before we begin the decorating process I want to talk just a bit about what I was going for in this one. Like I often do I searched for ideas online by looking at pictures of real garden flags. I found a couple that I loved one in particular had a pink background with a top and bottom band in a coordinating pink/white mottled design. It had letters spelling out LOVE on the main area. There were thin white borders between the main part of the flag and the borders. Another flag I liked had the same lettering on a black background and letters were outlined in white. I decided to combine the two designs in what we are making today.


So let’s make this shall we?



 

 

Start by painting the entire flag on both sides with a medium pink color paint. And allow to dry.


 

 


 

Now use a pencil to lightly draw lines where your borders will be and your letters. If you go as light as you can it will be easier to cover with the paint. My lines were a bit hard to cover but I drew them so that you could see them to see what I wanted you do do.



Once you have the lines where you want them. Get out some of the same pink paint along with a bit of white paint. Use a dotting tool (or something similar) to pick up just a bit of the paint and pounce it on the flag. Try to get some of both colors of paint each time. Wipe off the dotting tool as needed while you work. Allow to dry.



 

Now use a small amount of the same white paint mixed with just a bit of water to slightly thin it out and using a smaller dotting tool outline the borders and the letters. Allow to dry.


 

 

Now if you made any mistakes neaten everything up with a bit more of the paints on a dotting tool to cover any mistakes.


Once dry you can hang your flag on the dollhouse for a Valentine’s Day tough.



As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment