Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Snow Flake Flag

 


Watch the video here.




Like always we are starting with a strip of plain white, 100% cotton fabric. I use bleached muslin for my flags, you should be able to find this fabric in any fabric store/department especially if they carry any fabrics geared to quilters. For our flag we need a strip that measures 1” by 3”.



The other item we will need to begin is some paper backed fusible web. This is basically a fabric glue that is heat activated and comes on a sheet of paper making it very easy to use. I prefer the Heat 'N Bond brand. There are other brands in stores and you can use whatever brand you can find. I do recommend you pick one that is designed to hold without sewing. Mine is labeled “Ultra-Hold” this way you won't need to worry about your flag coming apart later. You will need a 1” square of the paper-backed fusible web.


Follow the directions on your fusible web product to form your flag.



 

Once our flag is formed we get to start the fun part the decorating. This month I am painting the background of the flag with a light blue paint. I like this as a base to look like the sky. Give both sides of the flag a nice even coat of the paint and allow to dry.



 

Now I used a bit of the same light blue as well as a bright blue and a white paint and using a cotton ball as an applicator I pounced on just a bit of the colors to make the background more interesting. I also used a brush with the bright blue to make a narrow band at both the top and the bottom edges of the flag. Allow to dry.


 

 


 

Now we are going to paint our central snowflake design on the flag. I started by finding the center of the flag panel and putting a dot of white paint at t location. Next I placed 6 more dots kind of evenly spaced around the center dot to form the ends of the snowflake arms.



 

Then I drew some lines from the center dot to each of the 6 dots to form those arms (?) on our snowflake. I added some dots to these lines.


 

 

 


Since you will be painting your snowflake without having to keep it under camera it will be easier to get yours a lot more even than mine ended up.


Repeat the snowflake on the reverse side of the flag allow to dry and your flag is ready to display on your flag bracket on your dollhouse.





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment