Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Round Snowman Sign

 


Watch the video here.



I created another project with a downloadable pattern which you can find here. This pattern will allow you to either cut the pieces with your electronic cutting machine or by hand. The pattern (like all of mine) is created to be used with medium weight white card stock which can be found at any craft store that has card making supplies.




 

 

We start like always by cutting out the pieces to make the sign., I grouped the pieces that will be used together on the pattern in groups to make it easier to put this together.


 

 


 

Glue the sets of pieces together to create the units that will be used to make the sign. I like to use a nice thick tacky glue for this step. Allow the glue to dry completely.


 

 


 

Now we get to paint the individual units. I used a dark blue for the background, a white for the snowman, brown for his twig arms, orange for the carrot and red fro the scarf. You will probably need 2 or more coats of paint to give a really nice coverage. Allow to dry completely.



 

Now it is time to add some “falling snow” to the background, use a thinned out white paint and a toothbrush to splatter paint it on. Allow to dry completely.


 

 


 

 

We can also glue the pattern piece with the arms to back of the snowman unit now too.



 

 


 

 

Once all the glue and paint are dry we can glue the snowman onto the background carefully lining him up at the bottom of the sign. Allow this glue to at least set up before proceeding.


 

 


 

 

Now we can glue on the carrot nose and the scarf.


 

 

 


 

 

Use a dotting tool to add some coal buttons and a coal smile. Allow to dry.


 

 

 


 

 

Give the sign a coat of Satin Mod Podge paying extra attention to the fingers on the twig arms to seal them down to the background.


 

 

Now he is ready to display with the rest of our snowman collection.



As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


1 comment: