Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, October 29, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Toast Toppings pt 1

 


Watch the video here.




This week we are going to top some of the slices of toast we made last week. I am making a list of more ideas so remember to let me know if there are special toast toppings you would like to see,


I did end up just doing a few of the toppings I had planned, I have not been feeling well this last week so I just didn’t get as much done as I wanted to. I also didn’t get out to the craft store to pick up a couple of items that I wanted to use this week.


So let’s start with peanut butter and chocolate=hazelnut spread. Both of these are made the same way, just the clays used differ.


For the peanut butter, I used a combination of the 2 parts Fimo Yellow Ocher, 2 parts Sculpey III Hazelnut, and 1 part Fimo Gold Yellow. After combining these colors really well I mixed in enough liquid Sculpey (white) to make it spreadable. This color was a guess since when I went to my cupboard to get my jar of peanut butter it was gone. You won’t need the exact colors to mix use the clay colors you have and use my formula as a guide. It will help a lot if you have some peanut butter on hand too.


For the Chocolate-hazel nut spread (Nutella) I just used Fimo Chocolate mixed with the liquid clay.


Just spread the clay mixtures on the toast slices like you would clay frosting on a cake. You can add detail to the top however you like.


Next I did some very simple jam/jelly. For this I really wanted to have some liquid Kato clay but since I hadn’t gotten to the store I just used the same liquid clay for this also. Simply mix the liquid clay with a tiny bit of oil paint the color you want the spread to be.



Once you have topped the slices you wish to top bake them at the recommended temperature for 10 minutes and allow to cool.



I did add a tiny bit of Mod Podge to just the toppings once they cooled. For the peanut butter and chocolate one I used Mat Mod Podge. For the jam/jelly I used Satin. This step is optional but it does give a more finished appearance to the toppings.


 

 

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial be sure to let me know what you want to see in future tutorials.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment