Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, October 22, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Toast

 


Watch the video here.




This week I decided to show you how to make some slices of toast for the dollhouse dolls. When I started filming I had planned to also show at least a couple of variations of toppings to go on the toast but life got in the way. So next week we will be adding some fun topped toast options like maybe avocado toast and peanut butter toast. If you have any request be sure to let me know. I will try to get some of the requests in the video next week but the rest will go onto a list and we will do those later.


To begin you will need a loaf of polymer clay bread that has not been baked off. I made some pretty much the same way as I did in this tutorial from a while back. The beauty of making the loaf is you can leave it unbaked and slice off of it for a very long time. Just wrap it in clay something that is clay friendly and protect it from getting smashed.




 

 

Once you have the loaf formed slice off as many slices as you want to make toast from. Since I made my loaves just for this I did freeze the clay loaf for 15 minutes to make slicing easier. That way the loaf kept its shape.


Now we get to texture the cut surface of the slices. Since I am going to texture both sides I like to work on a piece of coarse grit sandpaper. This way I don’t loose the texture of the first side while texturing the second side. You might even find that the texture from the sandpaper is enough to match the type of bread you are reproducing.



Once you are happy with the texture it is time to color the toast. It does help to have a slice of toast in front of you for reference. Since my real toaster never toasts evenly I had a lot of variation in levels of toasting in my one slice to use for color reference. For the most part I used the same color of chalk that I always use for baked goods to color the toast. (yellow ocher, reddish brown, and dark brown) I did add some orange-yellow also and on one slice I added just a tiny touch of black. Have fun with the coloring step toast comes in all shades. Here is a link to to my Polymer Clay 101 playlist if you need more information on working with the chalks or clay.


Once you are happy with the color of your toast slices bake them at the recommended temperature for your clay for 10 minutes.


Now they are ready to add to your scene as is or to top and then add. If you want the slices cut I prefer to do that when they are still warm from the oven either now of after any toppings are baked. You can always heat the slices up in the oven again to slice them in the future if needed.


I did want to add this cute photo of one of the slices of mini toast with the toaster we made a while back sitting on top of the real slice I toast I had for reference.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


1 comment:

  1. Very Cute! Your clay toast looks good enough to take a bite out of!

    ReplyDelete