Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Standing Turkey

 

Watch the video here.



This week we are making a fun standing turkey for Thanksgiving. This is another project that I have created a pattern for you to use in two ways. I have a PDF for you to download and hand cut the pieces from. I also have a PNG that can be used with your electric cutting machine (like a Cricut) the PNG is designed to be used as a 6” by 6” file. Both can be downloaded here.


I highly recommend cutting the pattern from white medium weight card-stock, the kind you find in any craft store for card making.


Once you have your pieces cut out it is time to glue them together in sets of 3. by this I mean each set is made of 3 layers. I use a nice thick tacky glue for this step. Allow the glue to dry.



Now we can paint the pieces. This is where you can get creative and make the turkey yours. I chose muted fall colors but go with your heart. You will also need a strip of the same card stock that is 1/8” wide and two toothpicks. Paint those as desired too.




Now we can assemble the turkey. This will take several steps and I like to let the glue dry well in between the steps so that the pieces stay where I want them,



 

First glue the feathers to the body oval on the back. Start with the largest single feather in the middle and work down in size as you move out.


 

 


 

 

Next we glue the body front to the front of the oval.


 

 

 


 

 

Now add the wattle and beak to the face. You can use the pieces on the pattern or just paint these features. 

 

 

 


 

 

After the glue/paint on these dries add two small dots for eyes. Allow to dry completely.


 

 


 

Now glue the two toothpicks on for his legs. I added a small piece of the card-stock to re-enforce the joint but this is optional.


 

 

 

 


Once the glue on the legs is dry trim the legs to their final length. I cut mine so that the total height of my turkey was around 2 ½” tall.


Now glue some of the narrow strip of card stock at the ends of each leg to act as a “foot”



 

 

Once this is dry pick out a base. I found a piece of a jumbo craft-stick in my stash that I cut to just a bit longer than my turkey is wide. Finish as desired. I just used a very thick paint as a stain. Allow to dry completely.



 

Now glue your turkey to the center of your chosen base. I did have to use a glue bottle to prop mine up while the glue dried.


 

 

 


 

 

 

Once the glue dries give the entire turkey a coat of Mat Mod Podge and allow to dry.


 

 

 

 


There I think the front porch is looking very festive for the fall season.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment