Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Pan of Lasagna

 


Watch the video here.

 

 

 




This week I am going to start by making a simple casserole dish. They are so simple to make and can be made in any size. The one today is sized to represent a 13” by 9” dish but by changing the out the bottom part of the pattern you can make any size you need.


I like to make these from white card-stock then paint just the outside of the pan. And I try to make a bunch at one time. That way I have them ready whenever I need them. All I have to do is paint the outside when I am ready to use it.



Start by marking and scoring the lines that we will be folding and cutting on. My lines were as follows- 1/8” from the edge of the paper, ¼” from this line, 1 1/8” from this line. ¼” then a last line at 1/8” away. I like to draw a very light line at each step then score on the same line. I find this makes the process go much more smoothly. If you want you could cover the entire length of the sheep of paper in these marked scored lines.


Now going the other way we score and mark as follows- ¼” from edge, ¾” away and ¼” away. The last line I mark darker and don’t score it. Then just repeat the lines all the way down the strip of paper. Now I can cut on all the darker lines and I have all my pans ready to fold.



The next step is to pre-fold on all the lines, cut the extra bits at the corners off and then snip the tabs free. I also cut slight angles on the handles and tabs.







Now just glue the tabs to the inside of the casserole dish, clamp and allow to dry.








At this point I paint the areas of the dish that I want to have colored. If you want to have a white dish I would suggest painting with white paint on the outside just to add a bit of sturdiness to the dish. Allow to dry.







Now we can start adding our filling to the dish. The first layer is just a filler layer use whatever clay you wish. I used some Original Sculpey rolled out to fill the dish about halfway. Use TLS (Translucent Liquid Sculpey) to “glue” it in. Bake at the recommended temperature for 10 minutes.





Once cooled we add the filling. For this use a reddish brown clay and chop it into very small bits. Then using more TLS on the surface of the baked layer add the chopped clay to fill the dish.






Now take some very light beige clay and roll it as thin as possible and add little bits of it in places around the edges of the dish. This is to look like the lasagna noodles are sticking up a bit.






Now mix some TLS with some oil paints to make our melted cheese and red sauce. Be sure to use just a tiny bit of the oil paint. I mixed Titanium White and Yellow Ocher for the cheese and Burnt Sienna and Vermilion red for the sauce.


Spread the cheese mixture over the top covering most (but not all) of the top. Then add tiny drops of the sauce mixture in a few areas where the sauce bubbled up during cooking.


Bake at recommended temperature for 15 minutes and allow to cool completely.



Now we can give just the casserole dish a couple of coats of Gloss Mod Podge so it will look like it is made of ceramic.


 

 

 

 


Once this dries give the lasagna a thin coat of Satin Mod Podge and allow to dry.







Now you have a dish of lasagna to serve next to the salad we made last week.

 

 





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment