Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Strawberry Doormat


 


Watch the video here.



Today we are going to start our collection of Strawberry themed front porch decorations with a cute doormat.


We start out with a doormat blank made of felt, I use some that is a rust brown and is the variety that is sold in the fabric store by the yard rather than the kind you buy in the craft-store by the square. This is cut to 1 ½” by 2 ½”/



The first step in making our doormat is to give the felt a good coat of Mat Mod Podge. This does several things for us. First it stiffens up the felt so it will lay flat on the porch of the dollhouse. More importantly it seals the surface so we need less paint for our design and the paint stays where we put it. Since this needs to be a fairly thick coat it will take a while to dry. I usually allow overnight for my doormats.



Once the Mod Podge dries it is time for the fun, adding the strawberries. In the video I show you a super easy way to paint your strawberries. All you need to do is use the handle to a paint brush to make dabs of red paint. Here is a picture of the color red I used but pretty much any bright red would work for this project. Make as many or as few strawberries on your doormat as you like. They should to be somewhat random with their placement.



After the red paint dries we are going to add an outline to the berries. I tried several ways of doing this and found that by making a loop at the end of a piece of wire (I used 20 gauge but slightly thinner would be better) and used it as a “stamp” I got the look I was after. 

 

 


Use some black paint and add outlines to each of your strawberries. I would suggest practicing before you try this on the doormat.








Allow to dry (again) and then add some leaves to the top of each berry. I used some bright green paint, again any bright green you have will work. And just make a really small “v” shape with a very small paint brush.





And that is all there is to creating this month's doormat. I love this , but I do love anything and everything with strawberries on/in it.



I would like to thank Plaid for sending the Mod Podge, paint and brushes used in today's tutorial.







As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment