Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Santa Doormat

 


Watch the video here.



Just like with all of our door mats lately I am using a 1 ½” by 2 ½” piece of felt as the base. This is the same stuff I have been using for all the door mats in this series and it is the type of felt that is sold by the yard in the fabric store as opposed to the squares from the craft store. This felt is a bit thicker so I feel it looks better but either will be fine.



 

The first step though is a nice coat of Mat Mod Podge, this seals the felt so that that layer of paint will go one more evenly and we won't need as much paint. The Mod Podge will take a while to dry and you do want it to be dry before you add the paint.



 

For this month’s design I am adding just the bottoms of Santa's legs and his boots. I found a couple of different real size doormats with similar designs and I took the parts of each design that I liked the best then improvised on the rest.



 

 

The legs are super simple just some blobs of red at the top of the doormat.


 

 


 

 

Next up the boots, for this I just painted in a pair of very simple boot shapes below the legs.


 

 


 

 

Now time to add the white fluffy trim that Santa always seems to have. Then finish off with some gold buckles on the boots.




Here are placed on the porch of the dollhouse house along with 2 projects from last year- the Santa stop sign (found here) and the Santa mailbox (found here)

 

 







As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment