Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, November 5, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature German Christmas Bread

 


Watch the video here.




Since it is November I wanted to get started on Christmas projects so that you would have enough time to make them and get to display them for the month of December.


As I was sitting at my desk trying to figure out what to make today I remembered this Christmas bread that a dear family friend would bring over to our house ever year. I always loved to see this appear in the kitchen and I knew that Christmas would soon be here.


I know that I have seen different variations of this bread in pictures and I am not sure if it is a regional thing or not. I just know that from my memory this was the bread she would bring us.


I was round and folded in the middle with lots of raisins mixed through out the dough. It was always topped with some powered sugar glaze with red and green round sprinkles on the top .


It was a very simple bread in reality but it sure stuck in my memory to s I thought the dolls in all our dollhouses might have a family friend that would bring them a loaf in time for the holidays.


Making this is really pretty simple. I started with the same bread clay mix we have been using on the channel lately(4 parts white with 1 part Sahara) I then mixed in some poppy seeds to replicate the raisins. Use the real poppy seeds at you discretion. I am not sure if they will attract pests or not but they make such nice mini raisins I just had to sue them. Work in as many as it takes to make the bread look like it is full of raisins.


Form the clay into a disc about 1” in diameter and about ¼” thick. Fold just off center to form the loaf.


Use our normal artist chalks (yellow ocher, reddish brown and brown with an eye shadow brush to make the bead look nicely baked.



Now use a bit of white liquid clay for the powder sugar glaze on top and sprinkle with some micro no hole beads in red and green.


At this point put the bread in the freezer for 20 or so minutes to firm every thing up. Then slice off as many slices you wish.


Use a piece of coarse sandpaper to texture the cut sides of the bread.


Bake at the recommended temperature for your clay for about 30 minutes and allow to cool to room temperature.



There we have a wonderful loaf of Christmas bread for the dolls in your dollhouse to enjoy this holiday season.



What are some holiday (or other( foods you would like to learn to make for your dollhouse? Let me so I can add them to my list for future tutorials.



As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment