Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, November 20, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Christmas Storage Boxes

 

Watch the video here.




Today I have a really easy project for you to add a bit of Christmas (or any holiday) to your mini scenes. I was cruising around online looking for inspiration for what I wanted to do for today and saw a bunch of cute holiday themed storage boxes. I thought this would be fun to and I could create a pattern for you all to use either to hand cut (a PDF) or a PNG for those of us that have the electronic cutting machines.


You can find the file I made with this link, if you are using the PNG the sizing instructions are in the notes file. I decided to make separate PNG files for the two pieces to make it easier to for you to use different color papers if you wish.


The pattern I made is free to you to use as many times as you wish, you can even sell items made from the pattern. Just please don’t distribute the pattern itself. If someone else wants a copy send here to my blog or to the video tutorial for the project so they can download their own copy.



 

After you cut the shapes out of card-stock it is time to score the fold lines. I did not add score lines to the file since I find it much easier to just score by hand after it is cut. (also my Cricut does not score where I want it to so I don’t use that feature often)


 


 

 

Each piece of the box needs just 4 score lines like this.


 

 

 


 

 

Then fold on the scored lines like this.


 

 

 


 

 

Add glue to the triangle shaped tabs.


 

 

 



 

 

Then assemble the box and lid. I found that paper clips worked the best for “clamping” my box while the glue dried. Even my smallest clips were too heavy to use without distorting the shape of the box and lid.



Once the glue is dry your storage box is ready to display.


You could place these around an undecorated mini Christmas tree for a fun display.


 

 


 

 

Place in a storage area of the dollhouse (closet or attic or garage or ??) all year long to add that lived in touch to the dollhouse that most of us are looking to create.




 

 

As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment