Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, November 19, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Cranberry Swirl Bread

 

Watch the video here.



I have had this project on my list for a while now. I actually found the pictures of it back when I did the other swirled bread tutorial on the channel. I thought this version was just so pretty and would be the perfect holiday project.



We are starting out like we do for most of our breads using our “bread mix” of 4 parts white polymer clay with 1 part Sahara Fimo. The amounts don’t have be perfect and you can sub in other clay colors you just want to warm up that white a little bit.


I like to use the loaf pans I made in this tutorial, when I am making a loaf of bread that is designed to be baked in a loaf pan in real life. The little paper lifter really helps, just make sure to use card-stock instead of the paper I used in the video. It worked fine on the one I made ahead to take pictures of but the one on camera as you saw in the video fell apart. Not a big deal it still helped to lift the bread out of the pan just not as well as it should have.



 

 

Portion off enough clay to form your loaf of bread and roll it out into a long sheet. I like to use craft-sticks to make sure I have a nice even thickness.


 

 


 

Next spread on a mixture of liquid clay with just a bit of red oil paint, I find Rose Madder works the best when I don’t want an orange tint to my red. Use just a tiny bit of the oil paint, too much and the mixture won’t cure properly.


 

 


 

 

After you have a nice layer of this mixture sprinkle on some micro beads to represent the cranberries.


 

 


 

Now just roll the bread up like you would the real thing.

 

 

 

 


 

 

Carefully put the loaf into the bread pan with the card-stock lifter in place and form your loaf of bread. 

 

 

 


Carefully remove the loaf from the pan.


Tweak the shape as best you can. The clay will be very soft ant messy with the liquid clay. Place the loaf in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes to firm up.


 

 


Now we need to make the bread look baked. For this we are using artist chalks. I used my normal 3 colors- yellow ocher, reddish brown and brown, I also added a rust color to the mix since I wanted this loaf to be a bit lighter in color than some other breads we’ve made in the past.


 

 


 

 

Coat the entire outside with the yellow ocher.


 

 

 


 

 

Now use the rust to add a bit more color using a bit less than you did of the yellow.


 

 


 

 

Now repeat with the reddish brown using a bit less of it.


 

 

 

And finish with just a touch of the brown, I kept it mainly to the end where the filling would have seeped out in real life.



 

 

Now slice the loaf as desired. I usually cut off three slices on my mini loaves.


 

 

 

 


 

 

Texture the cut surfaces of the bread.


Bake at the temperature recommended for your clay for 20 minutes then allow to cool to room temperature.



 

Now we can add a bit of a glaze/icing to the top. For this I used my White liquid clay straight from the bottle. A bit on the top of the loaf and tease down a few drips. Don’t forget the slices. When you are happy bake for 10 minutes.


 

Cool and display as desired.





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment