Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Saturday, June 4, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Fruit Bowl

 



Watch the video here.




Since I hadn’t gotten around to putting the new packages of clay I purchased last wee yet I decided to dig into one of them for today’s project.


Ever since I first looked at that Bronze clay I bought I knew I wanted to play with it. It is just gorgeous and was begging to be used right away. At first I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do then in the middle of the night I got an idea for a fruit bowl that looks like a woven basket but made from the metal color. It did take me a couple of tries to translate that mental picture into a clay project that would actually work. There were several failed attempts but I finally got it and I am happy with the result.


I will warn you the finished fruit bowl is very fragile and I have snapped more than a couple of them trying to remove they from the marble after baking. I will talk a bit more about that in a bit.



 

 

The first step is to roll our your clay as thin as possible.


 

 

 


 

 

Then cut some thin strips, I didn’t measure any of this I just went by what looked the way I wanted.


 

 

 


 

 

Now lay out 3 of the clay strips parallel to each other. Try to get them fairly close together and straight.


 

 


 

 

Now lay another 3 over the top of these going the other way. You want it to look like it is woven. (I try to weave my first one but it was way to bulking to work)


 

 

 


 

 

Now suing a ¾” round clay cutter cut a circle from the center of this “woven” clay.


 

 


 

Carefully transfer this circle to the rounded side of a flat back, marble, getting it as centered on the top of the marble as possible.



 

 


 

Now using another strip of clay wrap around what will be the top of the bowl. Be sure to get this strip as straight as possible and make sure it is attached to the “woven” strips.





Now bake at the temperature recommended for you clay for 10 minutes.


Allow to cool just enough to handle it and carefully slip the bowl off the marble. This is the spot I usually break mine. If the clay is allowed to cool down too much it will have a tendency to break. I recommend making at least 2 at a time so if one breaks you have another chance for success. 

 

 



Next week I plan to make something fun to go in our new fruit bowl so be sure check that out.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment