Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Lemon Doormat

 

Watch the video here.

 


 



For our doormat this month I decided to go with a lemon theme. Ii love lemons as a decorative motif especially in the summer.



 

 

To start this doormat we begin as always in this series with a piece of felt that is cut 1 ½” by 2 ½”. 

 

 

 


 

 

I then folded it in half and cut it into a half round. I think it makes for a very nice change to our doormats.


 

 

 

The felt I use is the kind that is sold by the yard in the fabric store no the thinner kind that is sold by the square in the craft store but I am sure either will work just fine.



After trimming our doormat to shape we need to give it a good coat of mat Mod Podge. This does a couple of things for us. It seals the felt so that it doesn’t soak up our paint so we get a nice, even coat of color with one coat of our base color. It also makes the doormat firm enough to lay flat where we put it and not curl up. Make sure you really layer on a thick coat of the Mod Podge and allow it to dry completely before proceeding.



 

 

Once dry give the entire top surface o the doormat a coat of white craft paint. Allow it to dry completely.


 

 

I used two colors of yellow paint you could use just one if you wish. Its a mater of personal choice. 

 


 

 

I used the darker of the two yellows to paint the peel of the lemon slice. Just paint a narrow band that follows the rounded edge of the shape. Allow to dry.


 

 


 

 

Once the peel color is dry add the flesh either with the same yellow or a slightly lighter color. And allow to dry.


 

 


 

 

Now with a very small brush (or a paint pen) draw as many lines to divide the flesh area into segments as you would like.


 

 


\

 


Now didn’t that turn out cute!




 

 

As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment