Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Dollhouse Miniature Saint Patrick's Day Porch Sign

 



Watch the video here.




Today we are adding to our front porch decor for Saint Patrick's Day with a really fun porch sign. I love how this one turned out and I hope you also enjoy the project.


The paints, and brushes were provided to me by Plaid so that I can create better videos for all of you.


We start out with 4 of the slim sticks that I picked up at Hobby Lobby, you could also use either slim sticks or coffee stir sticks for the sign. I cut each of these sticks at 5”.



I also cut 3 pieces of regular craft-stick at ¾” long.



I lined up my sticks making sure the ends were as even as possible. Since one of the sticks I am using this time is pretty crooked I used some masking tape to hold all the sticks right where I wanted them. I then glued the craft-stick pieces to the back side to hold all 4 of the slim sticks together. I don't worry too much about how far apart I space these since they won't really show once the sign is in place. 

 

 



Once the glue dried I used some white craft paint and gave the front of my sign a really good smooth coat. I also got the edges of the sign but skipped the back.






Once dry I found the center of my sign and marked it with a pencil. I then penciled on the letters to the word “welcome” skipping the letter “o”


After making sure I was happy with the placement and size of my letters I used a black fine tip paint pen to write the letters to word. Any pencil lines that still show can be erased once all the paint is dry.



Once my letters were dry I used some green craft paint (Folkart Multi-Surface in Bright Green) to paint a shamrock in the place of the letter “o” that we skipped earlier.


Allow this to dry completely.


I decided to skip the Mod Podge this time for the sign since I really liked how it looked without the finish on it.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment