Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Sunday, January 28, 2024

Dollhouse Miniature Valentine Hearts

 

Watch the video here.

 


I have another free pattern for you to download so you make the project. You can find the file here. In the download there are 3 files: a PDF for hand-cutting of the pieces, a PNG to use with your electronic cutting machine and a text file with handy hints and tips (and the sizing information) to use the PNG.



I will say that you really could easily make this project by drawing your own heart shapes. You just need 3 hearts that are in 3 sizes. (mine are 1”, ¾” and 5/8”) You could also use those thin wooden shapes that are available at the craft store (you will only need one of each size in that case) I am sharing the pattern for this simply because it was easier for me to re-size a heart I had already made for another project than dig through my wood shape stash and find something else.


As with most of these projects I cut all the pieces from medium weight white card-stock, the kind used to make cards and such. This is way more economical than having to purchase a bunch of colors and in my experience the paint colors are a lot more stable than the paper colors. I rarely get noticeable fading with the painted projects.


You are free to use the pattern as many times as you wish and even to sell the finished project. But, please don’t give away or sell my patterns. I spend a lot of time creating them and the only compensation I get is from people watching the videos and checking out the blog post. I really want to keep offering these for free so please if someone else wants to make one send them to the video and blog so they can get their own copy of the pattern.



 

Like with other projects I started by gluing the heart shapes together to make thicker hearts using the 3 layers for each one. This will make the project heavy enough to hold up but still it is super easy to cut the card stock.


Once glued allow the glue to dry completely before going on to the next step of painting.



To paint small things I like to anchor them down on a piece of masking tape that is taped sticky side up on my work surface, be sure to space them out a bit so you have room to paint the edges and not get paint on its neighbor.



I used three colors of red/berry on mine. You could make the background the same on all three or different like I did. Since reds are notorious for not covering in one coat it took a few coats of paint to get the coverage I wanted. I also was careful to get the edges on all the hearts. Allow this paint to dry.




 

I used a light pink and some white to paint designs on each heart. I am really happy with the abstract design I got with the straw, it I really like how that one turned out. The other two were pretty plain just some lines on one and dots on the other. Let this paint dry completely.


 

 


Once the paint dries it is time to glue the hearts together. I like these the best when the smallest heart is the middle layer (that’s why I painted ti with the more contrasting color paint) but feel free to layer any way you wish. Some of the ones I saw online for real size were glued to be taller but I went with wider shorter set up for mine. Play around with the pieces before you get out the glue and see how you like them the best. Allow the glue to dry.



 

 

Now a quick even coat of Satin Mod Podge on both the front and the back and the decoration is finished.


 

 

 

 


I love this little piece and I think it would look wonderful on the front door. I tried to get it placed on the door of the dollhouse but I couldn’t get it to work on my door so I placed it next to the door.


This one is small enough that it could go in many places inside or outside of the dollhouse.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment