Check back often

Have you checked out all my blogs?


Dollhouse Minis: http://joannesminis.blogspot.com


18” Dolls: http://joannes18dolls.blogspot.com/


General Crafts: http://joannes-place.blogspot.com/


Cooking: http://joanne-kitchen.blogspot.com/





Also if for some reason I can't post I will try to give a head's up on the Facebook page so check there too.

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Dollhouse Miniature Modern Lamp

 


Watch the video here.



For the midweek video this week I thought it was time to do a good old trash to treasure project. So as I was thinking about what I wanted to make I a couple of mornings ago I took note that the top of my tube of toothpaste was one of those that looks like a lamp shade. I know a lot of us have used these for exactly this purpose but I decided it would still be fun to do again. Kind of like visiting someplace familiar.


Since we have been hit with bitter cold this last week or so I am not leaving my apartment building so this project had to be make completely from stuff on hand.



So I dug through my stash to find a lamp base, I had thought of using a large bead but I was really wanting to do something a bit different. Then I saw these golf tees in my wood stash. Perfect! They look like a modern lamp base. So off to the craft table to make a modern lamp.


For the lamp base I am using this golf tee, I looked them up online and I see they come in different sizes so you could make lamps of this style in different sizes too.



Safely cut the tip of the golf tee off so it just fits into the cap with just a bit of the skinny part showing to look like the part where the bulb screws into. The idea is you want the shade to sit a bit above the wider part of the base (mine is about 1/8” above) so it looks right.


Then use the glue of your choice that will glue plastic and put some into the cap. Then center the golf tee in the cap keeping it as straight up and down as possible. I used e6000, but you could use whatever glue you have. I think this might be a good place to use the dreaded hot glue gun even. Allow the glue to dry completely.



 

And there we have a modern lamp for the dollhouse. I think I need to make extra sure I get the same kind of toothpaste next time too so I can make a matching lamp. I think these would be perfect as a set one on each side of a couch.




As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment